We are all the beings of the light who are learning to live according to the values of light. Gratitude helps us to achieve this goal. Today I will describe 12 ways of being grateful.
What Is Gratitude
Here is an example o definition of gratitude taken from Wikipedia:
“Gratitude, thankfulness, or gratefulness, from the Latin word gratus ‘pleasing, thankful’, is a feeling of appreciation felt by and/or similar positive response shown by the recipient of kindness, gifts, help, favours, or other types of generosity, towards the giver of such gifts.”Wikipedia
However, you do not need to look so far. Just read what some famous people are saying. Here are some quotes:
“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”G.K Cherteston
“Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”Melody Battie
“The heart that gives thanks is a happy one, for we cannot feel thankful and unhappy at the same time.”Douglas Wood
Why Is Gratitude Important
Gratitude is a selfless act. It acts as a free gift that is freely given to someone else.
For example, in the case when someone is sad and you write them a note of appreciation, you are likely not asking for something in return for this person. Your intention is rather reminding them of their value, and expressing gratitude for their existence. At the moment, you are not waiting for a “return note” from this person. Gratitude can be contagious, in a good way the person who has received such gifts also starts to notice his/her blessings.
Gratitude helps to release and dissolve negative energy and helps to focus on the positive side of life. You start focusing on your blessings instead of the lack.
How To Be Grateful In 12 Ways
Make gratitude a part of family life, share it with each other during mealtime. Practise being grateful at the same time to make it a habit. Be the change you want to see in the world by making gratitude a part of each day. If we all become more grateful all the time, the world will be a better place. Here are the 12 ways of practising gratitude:
- Keep a gratitude journal and add to it every day.
- Make a gratitude collage, cut out pictures of all the things that you are grateful for.
- Write a card to someone you haven’t seen in a while and tell them something nice.
- Help your parents with a painting of their house.
- Help your friends see the positive side of life.
- Help an elderly person with doing the shopping and cleaning the house.
- Help your sister or brother with paperwork.
- Remember to compliment your friends and family when they look good
- Thank the people who serve you in the community. The shopkeeper, the bus drivers, etc.
- Tell someone you love them and how much you appreciate them.
- Call your grandparents and tell them you love them.
- Say thank you for the little things loved ones do for you, things you normally take for granted.
- Compliment your mom’s dinner.
- Tell your co-worker that he or she has a lovely shirt or blouse.
- Compliment your boyfriend’s car.
- Tell your boss how well he manages the team.
5. Act of Kindness
- Reward effort, if someone does something nice for you, do something nice for them.
- Include an act of kindness in your life each day.
- Send love to your enemies or people you dislike.
- Volunteer for organizations that help others.
- Call into an elderly neighbour and thank them for their presence in your life.
6. Nurture Your Relationships
- Nurture the friendships you have, good friends don’t come along every day.
- Try to take note when people do a good job and give recognition when it’s due at work.
- Spend quality time with your kids
- Call your mom more often.
- Appreciate the blue sky and the times when you can see it is reflected by the lake, the sea, the river or any other kind of water
- Appreciate the sunrise and sunset and expect it with anxiety every time.
- Appreciate your house, car, computer and all the means which you have to make your dreams true.
- Share the benefits of gratitude with family and friends.
- Post quotes and images that remind you to be grateful around your house.
- Share gratitude each day by posting a tweet, Facebook post or Pinterest.
- Share your financial resources with the poor with those who do need your help.
9. Be Inspired
- Learn something from your friend or co-worker. Watch inspiring videos that will remind you of the good in the world.
- Notice the beauty in nature each day.
- Learn something from your child.
10. Radiate With Positivity
- Dance and sing
- Smile more often.
- Speak only the loving language.
- When times are bad, focus on your friends who are by your side.
- Meditate with your gratitude list, giving thanks for all your good fortune.
- During meditation, include gratitude to the journey.
- Pray for those who have helped you in any way.
- Live mindfully, not worrying about the past or future.
12. Invest the Energy of Gratitude
- See the growth opportunity in your mistakes. Embrace challenges and turn them into opportunities to grow.
- Be thankful when you learn something new.
- Focus on your strength.
12 + 1 Meditate
Why not use meditation to express gratitude to other beings. Join those who transform this world next Saturday.
Today you could read about the 12 ways of being grateful. Some of them include writing, praying, saying compliments, meditating, sharing and appreciating. You can use one of these ways at one go or combine some of them. Good luck.
You Might Also Enjoy…
- Meet The Brutal Truth About Mind Control
- 4 Reasons Why Self-Help Doesn’t Work
- How To Make The Universe Work For You In 8 Ways
- How To Protect From Negative Entities
- 9 Ways How To Liberate From Mind Control